This holiday season, shop local and from small businesses! Here are some of our favorite items that are perfect for that special someone!
1. I love the pillow selection at Spartan Shop here in Austin. They have the best selection of curated home decor items, kitchen items and textiles in town!
2. Flora Forager is one of my favorite feeds in IG and she now has a new book! A great stocking stuffer gift for the artist in your life.
3. Raven and Lily - Fair Trade Fashion and Home is one of my favorite Austin stores and if you are looking for stocking stuffs and small gifts their main table at the Domain has everything. I am especially fond of their journal collection.
4. Looking for fair trade home decor items well The Citizenry is a great stop. I splurged on this throw and it pretty much lives in my reading corner. Yes, I have a reading corner. Seriously, nothing better than a comfortable chair, cup a tea and a nice blanket on a rainy Seattle day.
5. Sassafras - my go to dress and jewelry store here in Seattle. This store supports local fashion and jewelry designers from all over the PNW. I have this dress in an Ikat print (see about me page) and it is comfortable and has pockets!
6. Wood and Woven - one of my other fav IG accounts and I am always a sucker for beautifully carved wood and clay pieces.
7. The Saveur - New Classics Cookbook. I love this book. My husband bought it for me - more for the fact we have a running joke about chickens in our house (don't ask) but it seriously is a great cookbook and looks nice on a bookshelf. You can buy at an major book store but try and purchase from a local one if you can.
8. Ester Clark is an amazing stationery designer but her illustrations are what really make her work pretty spectacular. She just released a 2018 botanical calendar - get one before they are gone!
9. Loot Finer Goods - has the best selection of home decor items around. Their inventory is always changing so head on over to see what unique finds they have. I really love this Genuine and Ginger wall hanging piece. Wish I had a spot for it on my wall!
10. Last but not least - Alexis Russel. I have a bunch of Alexis's pieces in my jewelry box. Engagement season is here, seriously consider a raw cut diamond, emerald or sapphire ring. Guys, pretty much any piece from this store will go down well so get to shopping!
11. And finally - maybe skip the gifts entirely and go travel. My husband and I are doing that this year and couldn't more exited to go back to the UK to visit with family. And on our bucket list is a trip to New Zealand... sigh.